IBTM World Announces 2018 Tech Watch Award Shortlist
The finalists for the 2018 IBTM World Technology Watch award have been selected. The shortlist comprises technology companies with innovative new products or services relevant to the meetings, incentive, conference and events (MICE) industry.
This year’s finalists are:
- Kubify — Learning Toolbox interactive e-poster system
- CadmiumCD — Meeting room scheduling/resource management system and event logistic management platform
- RadarioAI — Event marketing and analytics platform
- Event Tech Tribe — A collaborative ensemble of best-in-craft event technology providers who have chosen to work together technically and collaborate at a client level
- Zenus, Inc. and Fielddrive — Facial recognition registration
- Spacebase — Direct booking of unique venue meeting space
- IVvy — Direct meeting space booking system for hotels
- SpiceFactory — Creator of Sava.Events speaker management system and intuitive chatbot
- Eventfolio — Multi-event management system
All entries were reviewed by an independent judging panel of event technology experts, headed by Corbin Ball, owner of Corbin Ball Associates and including Dahlia El Gazzar, founder of DAHLIA+ Inc; Ruud Janssen, founder of TNOC.org and co-founder of EMG; Pádraic Gilligan, managing partner at SoolNua; James Morgan, founder of Event Tech Lab; Michael Shapiro from Northstar Meetings Group; and Michelle Bruno, president of Bruno Group Signature Events.
“Innovation is alive and well in the events industry as evidenced in this year’s IBTM World Tech Watch Award,” said Ball.
He continued, “A large number of entrants point to several emerging event tech trends including facial recognition, artificial intelligence, advances in analytics, novel e-poster options, creative cloud-based alliances and more. Speaking for the judging committee, I would like to congratulate this year’s finalists on providing important contributions in advancing the MICE industry.”
Each entry is scored against innovation, concept/business model and value to the industry.
New this year, the ‘Tech Watch People’s Choice Award’ gives industry members the opportunity to vote on the event technology they’re most excited about and believe will add value to their business. Voting for the People’s Choice Award will take place via the IBTM World website and social media channels.
“IBTM World is this year centered around the theme of technology and how it can enhance every aspect of producing great events,” said Shane Hannam, IBTM’s portfolio director. “The standard and breadth of entries we received this year was incredibly high, and the addition of our People’s Choice award this year gives our attendees the chance to have their say in which cutting edge technology they feel could really make a difference to their business.”
The winner will be announced on Nov. 28 during IBTM World, which takes place at Fira Barcelona from Nov. 27-29, 2018.
For more information on the IBTM Tech Watch award, go here.