SPIN Names 2019 40 Over 40 Winners
The results are in — SPIN:Senior Planners Industry Network has announced the 2019 recipients of the SPIN:40 Over 40 awards. This initiative was created in 2017 to recognize and honor senior meeting planners who are industry role models, influencers, innovators and pioneers.
This year, despite the 40 Over 40 moniker, the association has chosen to honor just 28 individuals.
“This is an evolving process and we changed some of our criteria, focusing more on giving back, innovation and accomplishments,” explained Tracey Smith, SPIN’s Executive Director. “While we had many candidates, the ones chosen best represented the qualifications we were looking for.”
SPIN’s Founder, Shawna Suckow, added that this year’s honorees excel in innovation and truly giving back. “They’re helping the next generation learn from their examples,” she said.
The award winners will each receive two complimentary registrations for SPINCon 2019 (one for the honoree, and one for their nominator or a fellow qualified planner with 10 or more years experience), and will be recognized at the conference in a ceremony among their peers. SPINCon 2019 will be held Nov. 3-5 at the Hyatt Regency Monterey.
2019 SPIN:40 Over 40 Winners
- Mary Margaret Armstrong, Meeting Advantage
- Allison Beers, Events North
- Erika Biddix, Biddix Meetings + Events
- Kathy Bradley Sheldrake, KEMET Corporation
- Sue Couling, University of Minnesota
- Sherry DeLaGarza, Key Standards Event Management
- Cori Dossett, Conferences Designed
- Mozelle Goodwin, Goodwin Consulting
- Sue Gordon, EPIC Meetings & Events
- Lin Guba, International Economic Development Council
- Laura Hearvin, Treasures Travel & Events, LLC
- Deborah Jayne, Society for American Baseball Research (SABR)
- Stephanie Krzywanski, JR Global Events, Inc.
- Peggy Lamberton, InterAct.EVENTS
- Cathi Lundgren, The Lundgren Group
- Jeremy Luski, JML Worldwide
- Sally Mainprize, Iron Peacock Events
- Emily Milliot, AG Communications, LLC
- Lorena Moore, ICF International
- Susan Piel, Spiel Planning
- Gregory Pynes, Oncology Meeting Innovations
- Jeff Rasco, Attendee Management, Inc.
- Larissa Schultz, Journey-Wide Travel & Events, LLC
- Brent Taylor, Timewise Event Management Inc.
- Cindy Thorp, MeetingsNevents, Inc.
- Rose Timmerman Gitzi, RTG Special Events
- Denise Waldron, Viva! Events, LLC
- Julie Walker, Choice Meetings
“It is an honor to be nominated and to have been selected as part of this group,” said Stephanie Krzywanski, CMM of JR Global Events. “I’ve been drawn to this industry since college and have had the good fortune to have had many opportunities to create my own path within it and to give back.”
Sally Mainprize, SMMC, CRP of Iron Peacock Events, who received multiple peer nominations, echoed that sentiment. “I love what I do and am humbled that my industry colleagues value my contributions,” Mainprize said. “The truth is, without my mighty team, I could accomplish very little.”