Join us on Nov. 20 for #Expochat: What are You Grateful For?
Gratefulness is the topic for the next #Expochat, coming up on Wednesday, Nov 20 at 1:00 p.m. Sponsored by Corporate Event News’ sister publication, TSNN, #Expochat is an hour-long Twitter-based conversation covering top-of-mind topics related to the trade show industry (including exhibitors as well as show organizers and suppliers) which is held most Wednesdays at 1:00 p.m. ET.
#Expochat is alternately moderated by seven industry thought leaders, including Stephanie Selesnick of International Trade Information, Michael Doane with CadmiumCD, Elizabeth Johnson with glee Content Marketing, trade show expert and author Marlys Arnold, and Bill McGlade and Rich Vallaster from Personify Corp, #Expochat tackles a single topic each week – a recurring pain point, innovative ideas, evolution of the industry, best practices and what doesn’t work.
#Expochat is a great way to make sure that as event industry influencers, we’re all keeping on top of trends, best practices and the challenges we all face as event professionals. But this chat will be a bit different.
In honor of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S., we’ll discuss what our industry has done well this year and who is doing it. Get ready to name names and give shout-outs to people and organizations making a positive impact in their workplaces, communities and the world!
This Wednesday, Elizabeth Johnson, principal of glee Content Marketing, will be asking the following questions:
- What are you grateful for this year?
- What are some things the event industry overall has gotten right in 2019?
- What shows are really innovating and what are they doing?
- What vendors are we grateful for this year for evolving their model or leading the industry in some way?
- Who are the new innovators that broke into the industry (and/or disrupted) it?
- What other industry resources are you glad that we have?
- What are the best examples of ways that events gave back to their industries or host locations this year?
- What ways can we make the event industry as a whole better for all those it touches in the year ahead?
To participate, get on Twitter and follow the #Expochat hashtag at the appointed time. Questions will be identified as Q1, Q2, etc., and responses from participants should be written as A1, A2, etc. Twitter chat tools such as Tweetchat, tchat.io and others can make it easier to participate. Ideas (and rants) are welcome on #Expochat but commercialism is not.
Upcoming topics are listed in advance on TSNN.com and reminders will be tweeted out prior to each week’s discussion. Transcripts will be available on TSNN.com after each chat. To request a topic, email Arlene Shows, TSNN marketing manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about #Expochat and to view past chats, go here.