Eased Restrictions Allowing 50% Capacity in Las Vegas Go Into Effect

March 15, 2021
Eased Retrictions Allowing 50% Capacity in Las Vegas Go Into Effect

New eased restrictions in Nevada on large gatherings, including meetings and conventions, entertainment venues and large group gatherings, allow capacity up to 50%. The welcomed news became official on Monday after Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak announced the move on Friday night.

The state also will streamline the process for submission and approval of large gatherings. 

The new directive is another step toward re-igniting the meetings and events industry. The announcement comes on the heels of the governor also expanding vaccine eligibility to hospitality and food service workers yesterday.

“Las Vegas has been the top convention and meetings destination for many years. We pride ourselves on providing the best facilities, the best service and now, the safest,” said Sisolak. 

He added, “We’ve been cautious, but very focused on reopening Las Vegas in the safest way possible for you, our treasured customers, our valued employees and our entire community. With great confidence in the efforts made by our resorts, convention centers and meeting hosts, I say... Welcome Back! The greatest place to do business in the world is even better.”

Through a variety of “Vegas Smart” measures, the entire destination has taken a comprehensive approach of implementing stringent health, wellness and safety protocols to ensure that visitors, hospitality workers and our community remain safe. 

The new directive requires meetings, trade show and entertainment venues to complete and submit a Large Gathering COVID-19 Preparedness & Safety Plan Certification Form (“Large Gathering Certification”) to certify through the state’s Department of Business and Industry that they will follow the state’s health and safety requirements and protocols and adhere to the prevention principles that have remained consistent: maintain safe social distancing, wear face coverings and practice good hygiene and cleaning measures. 

“We’re ready and eager to welcome back business travelers to Las Vegas,” said Steve Hill, LVCVA president and CEO. 
He added, “We know there’s pent-up demand for the return of in-person meetings and conventions and for the Las Vegas experience.” 

The first citywide convention scheduled in Las Vegas is expected to be World of Concrete, set for June 8-10 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, which will serve as the debut show inside the facility's new $989 million West Hall.  

Nevada is the latest in an increasing number of states to loosen rules to allow conventions and meetings to return in full force. Here are some of the most recent updates from across the country:

  • Texas is open “100%,” according to Gov. Greg Abbott
  • Mississippi has lifted its mask mandate but maintains a capacity limit of 50% on indoor venues.
  • Louisiana Gov. Kevin Stitt announced last week he will end restrictions on public gatherings.
  • Maryland is up to 50% capacity and ended its quarantine requirements for out-of-state travelers.

 

Don’t miss any event-related news: Sign up for our weekly e-newsletter HERE and engage with us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram!

Add new comment

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.

Partner Voices

Las Vegas is constantly evolving. From electric experiences and new resorts to the latest in culinary trends, Vegas is the place where everything is bolder and brighter. As gathering and capacity numbers are increasing, the destination continues to keep “Meet Smart, Vegas Smart” measures at the forefront, while the new, exciting experiences take center stage.