IMEX Partners With ExpoPlatform for Enhanced Buyer-Exhibitor Connections at Shows
IMEX Group launched a partnership with leading event management company ExpoPlatform to be the new official event tech provider at its shows in Frankfurt and Las Vegas.
Ahead of IMEX Frankfurt 2023 in May, IMEX has been working with ExpoPlatform to offer participants a new online platform enhanced with a range of features and tools carefully designed to maximize business connections and ease of use.
At its core, the new platform makes it simpler for exhibitors and buyers to find and connect with each other in the run-up to the show and then to enhance those relationships face to face at IMEX.
The new platform also means that all attendees now have their own personal account for all future IMEX shows, enabling a fast, single sign-on for both IMEX Frankfurt and IMEX America in Las Vegas.
“At their heart, our shows are marketplaces designed to connect the right people to each other and help them do more business,” said Carina Bauer, CEO of IMEX Group. “Alongside ExpoPlatform, we’ve created a new platform and online experience that truly powers this up and at a time when new business is more prized than ever.”
Buyers and exhibitors will find it easier to meet and track new or existing contacts and kickstart conversations and deals ahead of meeting face to face on the show floor, according to Bauer.
“Our intention is for our buyers and exhibitors in particular to enjoy a simpler, more intuitive networking and appointment experience,” she said. “We’ve done our very best to streamline our platform so that buyers and exhibitors can find and meet each other more efficiently, and we’re committed to continuing to learn and enhance the platform over the coming months and years.”
Tanya Pinchuk, CEO of ExpoPlatform, praised IMEX as one of the greatest business event showcases and a real force for good in the industry, and said the company is delighted to help make IMEX’s events smart and seamless.
“Event planners are more tech-savvy than ever before, so we are excited to provide them with a strong digital-powered experience to improve the quality of in-person meetings,” Pinchuk said. “We can’t wait for IMEX Frankfurt and then IMEX America!
The main features and benefits of IMEX’s new platform include:
- Free lead scanning for all buyers and exhibitors: Traditionally an additional, paid-for service at trade shows only available to exhibitors, the new IMEX app gives all buyers and exhibitors the ability to quickly scan and connect to every individual they meet free of charge. The app also gives a clean and intuitive view of all leads in each person’s new IMEX account.
- Networking before, during and after IMEX: Buyers and exhibitors can now check out who’s attending IMEX and contact them before and during the show via the IMEX app.
- Recommendations: Using the AI-enabled recommendation engine, finding exhibitors, products, learning sessions or potential business contacts with similar interests is faster and more accurate. (Unusually, IMEX does not offer, or force, matchmaking).
- Personal email and calendar integration: Attendees can select and save their preferred exhibitors and education and sync appointment calendars to their personal schedules and preferred email provider (including Outlook and Gmail).
- Bringing clients or additional colleagues to appointments: A restriction of the old platform was that appointments tended to be only one-to-one. Attendees now have the flexibility to invite multiple individuals to their appointments.
- A seamless desktop to app experience: All system features are available on a web browser and via the app, making it easier than ever for buyers and exhibitors to manage their show experience pre-show and on-site.
IMEX Frankfurt 2023 takes place May 23-25. To register, click here. IMEX America 2023 in Las Vegas is scheduled for Oct. 17-19.
Main photo: Luke Bilton, chief growth officer, ExpoPlatform, and Carina Bauer, CEO, IMEX Group
Don’t miss any event-related news: Sign up for our weekly e-newsletter HERE, listen to our latest podcast HERE and engage with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn!
Add new comment