Registration Now Open for SPINCon 2019 — Are You Game?
SPINCon, the annual conference produced by SPIN: Senior Planners Industry Network, will be held Nov. 3-5, 2019 at Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course. SPIN is the world’s largest association for senior-level event planners who have at least 10 years of full-time planning experience.
In honor of this year’s theme, which is “Are You Game,” gamification will be included in the event’s app, and speakers have been tasked with finding ways to make their sessions more attendee-focused and include elements of fun.
The conference also will encompass SPIN’s six core values: Family, expertise, connections, authenticity, rejuvenation and fun.
SPIN’s executive director, Tracey Smith, says that each year SPINCon focuses on the whole person: brain, body, being and business. Content at SPINCon is carefully curated to offer sessions that apply to all four of those categories.
“We had over 100 topic suggestions and we then asked members to vote for ones that would be most applicable to them,” said Smith. “Then, speakers submitted proposals based on those topics.”
The majority of conference sessions will be presented by SPIN members. The session lineup includes:
- “Network to Increase Your Net Worth” — Christy Lamagna, chief executive officer and master strategist, Strategic Meetings & Events
- “Niche, Please: How Focusing on Your Strengths Will Make You More Successful” — Bonni Scepkowski, president and chief strategy officer, Stellar Meetings and Events
- “What's Your Second Act?”— Terry Matthews-Lombardo, owner, TML Services
- “Designing a Brain-based Event” — Dan Yaman, president, Live Spark & LearningWare
- “From Travel Hell to Travel Well” — John Ayo, chief balancing officer, Travel Balance
- “Hungry for Happiness” — Kristen Brogan, chief mindful living officer, On Target Living
- "You Don't Get a Map, You Get a Compass” — Cindy Hartner, director of global sales, DMC Network, LLC
For small meeting planning business owners — or those who are considering striking out on their own — who want some extra coaching and tips on how to promote themselves, the Small Business Workshop pre-conference will be held on Nov. 2-3. First held at SPINCon 2018, the workshop, led by SPIN Founder Shawna Suckow and fellow leadership speakers Julie Holmes and Mimi Brown, is limited to 20 attendees. An additional fee will apply.
“Our members who are small business owners will get targeted tips on how to better promote themselves in this competitive marketplace,” said Suckow.
SPIN will also recognize its 2019 “SPIN 40 Over 40” honorees in a special medal presentation ceremony at SPINCon. This is the third year for the 40 Over 40 awards, which recognize and honor veteran meeting professionals who are industry role models, influencers and innovators.
SPIN 2019 40 Over 40 honorees will receive two complimentary SPINCon registrations — one for the award winner and one for the nominator or a fellow qualified planner. Nominations will be accepted online through August 23. Nominations may be submitted on behalf of a qualified planner or as a self-nomination.
Planner attendees must have a minimum of 10 years of event planning experience in order to qualify to attend SPINCon. To maintain the association’s 2:1 planner/supplier ratio, suppliers may only attend by becoming a year-round sponsor.
For more information and to register, go HERE.